Membership PLA Lead Director: Tom and Laurie Conzemius
- Continue to increase membership with a 2020 goal of 160. Focus on getting all new residents to be PLA members.
- Continue the Neighborhood Captain’s Program. This program has been instrumental in increasing year over year participation and remains a key method in reaching our residents
- Work toward being a more welcoming organization by engaging with new and inactive members for opportunities to participate in PLA programs
- Release 2018 membership dues/AIS donations letter and form by mid-February
Neighborhood Captain’s Program: PLA Lead Director: Mike Vold
- Expand on our Neighborhood Captains Program to insure we visit with each lakeshore owner before the annual meeting
- Deliver the hard copy of the Potato Laker within 30 days of publication to those lakeshore owners who do not receive one via USPS
- Insure Neighborhood Captains have knowledge about PLA plans and objectives and can answer most questions from lakeshore owners
- Work in conjunction with the membership committee to insure we reach our 2018 membership goal
- Identify new lakeshore owners and provide them with information about the lake and the Association (COLA Project?)
Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Prevention Efforts PLA Lead Directors: Bob Berdahl, Bill Gorrilla, and Ken Grob
- Complete 1368 hours of watercraft inspections per established plan and schedule
- Secure funding from Lake Emma Township consistent with 2020 efforts
- Conduct AIS early detection including vegetation, Zebra mussel veliger, and spiny waterflea monitoring
- Work to have an organized AIS lake monitoring program with committed and trained monitors. Enroll some members in COLA AIS ID Monitoring Program.
- Participate in COLA/State Starry Trek Monitoring for Starry Stonewort.
- Communicate current AIS information from DNR and COLA to lake residents.
Lake Management Plan PLA Lead Director: Ken Grob and Chuck Diessner
- Form a committee of PLA directors and members to review the Lake Management Plan developed in 2006
- If new information supersedes the content of the current plan, modify it as appropriate
- Update members at annual meeting
PLA Charitable Fund PLA Lead Director: Chuck Diessner
- Continue to support donations to the fund; both for AIS inspections and for the general fund
- Provide AIS watercraft inspection funding as needed to supplement PLA funds
Communication PLA Lead Directors: Kolt Ringer, Tom Conzemius and Laurie Conzemius
- Continue to provide timely information to our members via newsletter and through informal communication
- Publish one hard copy, multi-colored Potato Laker annually
- Insure our website has both timely and accurate information
- Continue to improve the electronic lake resident directory
Fisheries PLA Lead Director: Kolt Ringer
- Communicate with DNR staff so that we understand the fisheries plan for the lake
- Insure fisheries plan is available to members via website and other communications
- Sponsor a 2020 fishing contest. Try to improve participation of both adults and kids.
- Organize an adult fishing contest…Team/prizes?
Loon Program PLA Lead Director: Bob Berdahl coordinating with Jerry Olsen
- Place loon nesting platforms in lake at ice out
- Monitor loon activity including numbers, nesting sites and chicks
- Complete annual DNR loon survey and communicate it to members via website and newsletters.
Land Use PLA Lead Director: Exec Committee coordinating with Chuck Diessner
- Seek to protect the environs of the lake using best practices of land use management
- Monitor various land use applications and make recommendations to the PLA board regarding input to applicable government groups
- Proactively consult with resort owners considering a transition to a Planned Unit Development (PUD).
- Seek out potential conservation opportunities including the purchase of property or conservation easements
Social PLA Lead Director: Organization and effort provided by Jan Vold
- Plan and organize PLA social events
- Encourage direct participation of PLA Directors
- Encourage inactive or non-member participation
- Publish and communicate via website, newsletters and email
Hubbard County Coalition of Lake Associations (COLA) PLA Lead Director: Ken Grob
- Actively support the work of COLA
- Participate as members of COLA executive board (Ken Grob and Bob Berdahl)
- Communicate the focus, programs and activities of COLA to PLA members.
- Insure we have attendance at all COLA meetings.
- Proactively communicate COLA information to the Water Quality Monitor (Rich Rothermel) and AIS Veliger Monitor (Bill Gorrilla)
- Proactively communicate information from DNR, MAISRC, and COLA “Eyes on Water” Initiative.
PLA Administrative Initiatives: PLA Board
- Complete annual registration of PLA with State of Minnesota (non-profit) by Dec 2020
- Install new kiosk signs at watercraft landings
- Conduct Hwy 40 cleanup event in May and September
- Provide outreach to lake residents as needed
- Organize and conduct annual PLA meeting in August
- Fill treasurer’s position (done)
- Assign recording secretary’s position??
- Establish president position succession plan