2010 HUBBARD COUNTY COLA AIS Initiatives
- **Sponsor (2/3) billboards with a max contribution of $1500
- Catalogue all sign locations (roads, resorts, launches, etc) and review if more locations needed (NE part of county?) and roads leading to Hubbard county (from Beltrami or Becker)
- Raise funds to support billboard campaign
- **Participate in DNR “large sign” and companion sign prevention grant project
2. CONDUCT VOLUNTEER TRAINING SESSIONS
- Publicize sessions; arrange speakers from DNR
- More launch site inspection events/ Increase Lake Event participation
- Encourage resort owners/ fishing contest organizers
- Focus a session on lake professionals; Certification ? Preferered users & incentives? MN Waters ?
- Develop consistent process to record data and publish at end of year.
3. **EXPAND RESORT/CAMPGROUND WORK
- Engage Resort Advisory Team and review 2009 results; Follow-up with 2008/2009 resorts
- Update resort packet (laminated cards) – 3 cards
- Continue to improve the links to COLA website for resorts
- Set up (1 or 2) demonstration resorts (signage, brochure distribution, instruction of guests, use of letter, etc.)
- Focus on key resorts with launch sites; Possible “large sign” installations
4. PUBLIC AWARENESS/EDUCATION CAMPAIGN
- ** Sponsor (with DNR) radio PSA announcements
- **Continue to distribute Z-Fold brochure to resorts, businesses, sport shops, C/C, etc. Use display rack?
- Continue to provide info package for real estate closings
- Design/distribute “trinket” items, e.g. fish rulers, mesh garbage bag for boaters, etc.
- Continue to improve effectiveness of COLA website for awareness and education
- Design and distribute AIS place mats to businesses…Big Sand Lake Partner
5. **DEDICATED WATERCRAFT INSPECTOR – LAKE EMMA TOWNSHIP
- Coordinate project with DNR
- Schedule time/locations for watercraft inspector; Coordinate with lake inspection events
- Raise funds from Township lakes & private/business sources
- Review data on launch usage at end of year
- **Expand program to Arago Twp lakes; Mantrap?; Long ?; CW Chain?
6. INITIATE LAKE ASSOCIATION CORE AIS PROGRAM
- Identify lakes to be models – Lakes with HLRP and LMP’s ?
- Communicate awareness, threat, need to lake associations
- Schedule plant identification training
- Set up AIS “expert” team
- Conduct vegetation mapping projects (2 or 3)
- Foster lake associations to assume responsibility for AIS on their lakes (regular checks for AIS, work with resorts, launch inspections. —-Develop a lake vegetation management plan
- Work with DNR AIS Specialist to establish a Zebra mussel monitoring program for several lakes
- Work with CW Chain lakes on their AIS Core Team
- Follow-up on County local law enforcement training and provide support/information items.
- Engage DNR-CO’s, AIS Specialist, etc. in launch site inspections
————————-AS TIME ALLOWS—————————————-
8. COLLABORATE WITH OTHER COUNTIES/ COLA’S
- Work with AIS Specialist and other county organizations to expand AIS work in the region.
- Maintain awareness of Beltrami BCLARA/SWCD Invasibility initiative
9. QUICK RESPONSE/REMEDIATION PROCESS
- Provide specific help, as needed, to Hubbard County infested lakes
** Projects funded in cooperation with the DNR Prevention Grant Program